Learn how solar-plus-battery-storage microgrids greatly enhance the ability of schools to serve communities during natural disasters or power outages.
- Microgrid Knowledge: Microgrid Knowledge leads the way providing news on microgrids and distributed energy resources by compiling content about markets, policies, trends, and technologies in this fast-growing energy arena. READ MORE →
- Resilient Power Project: A joint initiative of Clean Energy Group and Meridian Institute, this project focuses on accelerating the deployment of solar PV combined with energy storage (solar+storage) to power essential services during extended power outages and to reduce the economic burden of energy costs in vulnerable communities. The goal is to further clean energy equity by ensuring that all communities have access to the economic, health, and resiliency benefits that solar and energy storage technologies can provide. READ MORE →
- California Energy Commission: Information about the California Energy Commission’s funding awards, including notices of proposed awards, grants, solicitations, and notices of selection.READ MORE →
- Connecticut Microgrid Grant & Loan Program: Under Public Act 12-148, Section 7, Connecticut created a Microgrid Program to help support local distributed energy generation for critical facilities. READ MORE →
- Massachusetts Community Microgrid Program: The MassCEC Community Microgrids Program seeks to catalyze the development of community microgrids to lower customer energy costs, reduce greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions, and provide increased energy resilience. Learn about the grant program and application requirements on their site. READ MORE →
- New Jersey Township Microgrid Program: Learn about which grants are available for New Jersey's Microgrid incentives program and how to apply. READ MORE →
- New York Microgrid Grants - NY Prize: NY Prize is a competition to help communities create microgrids. NY Prize is a part of a statewide endeavor to modernize New York State’s electric grid, spurring innovation and community partnerships with utilities, local governments, and the private sector. READ MORE →
- Resilient Maryland Microgrid Grants: The Maryland Energy Administration has launched a pilot grant program to help municipalities and other organizations plan microgrid and distributed energy projects. Learn more about the program specifics and how to apply. READ MORE →
Last Updated: 7/30/2020
Have suggestions? Shoot us an email with a link to this article and help us make it better.
Generation180 has toolkits, guides, reports, and more to help your school go solar. Visit SolarForAllSchools.org for even more resources.