GET THE FACTS
Brighter Future: A Study on Solar in U.S. Schools
The latest and most comprehensive study and census of solar schools across America is here. Produced through a partnership between Generation 180, The Solar Foundation and the Solar Energy Industries Association, the report includes:
- The latest data on installation rates, capacity growth, methods of financing, and more.
- Analysis of the motivations, process, and successes of recent solar schools projects
- A step-by-step guide for schools interested in going solar
FLIP THE SWITCH
Going solar provides many benefits to schools and communities, including reduced energy costs, job creation, educational opportunities for students and a cleaner environment. Generation 180’s Solar Schools campaign is empowering schools nationwide to go solar with greater confidence and success by equipping community members with resources, training, and tools.
The School Toolkit shows how schools in your community can transition to solar energy.
- Step-by-step advice on the process
- Resources to assess feasibility and financing
- Tips for success
The process for a school to go solar involves the backing of a variety of school, district, and community stakeholders. The Champion Toolkit provides resources to empower the solar advocates to engage and rally support from key decision makers.
- How solar energy works
- Understanding stakeholders and generating support for solar
- Advocacy tools
The toolkit will be available in early 2018 so sign up now to get notified once it's released.